Sitting for prolonged periods of time (often while at work) is hard on your back. Here are some tips on correct sitting posture:
- Sit with a neutral pelvis. This means your pelvis is not tilting
- Sit with a neutral pelvis. This means your pelvis is not tilting forward or slumped back. You can use a small towel rolled behind the low back to maintain the natural curve of your spine.
- Do not lean over a desk or table.
- Keep your head high and pull shoulders back.
- Press your belly button into your spine.